Gaining Self Confidence
Here are 8 reasons why gaining self confidence will be beneficial for children with eczema.
As with any situation in life, people who have eczema often have the need to be self-confident and self-sufficient. Children with eczema may have a low self-esteem level because they are used to getting treated badly and socially ostracized.
- Pinpoint the child's strengths and what he or she is confident doing.
- Create a list of what sports and activities are appealing to the child or teenager.
- Offer encouragement to keep the child positive. Try to minimize negative comments and avoid discussing the bullying or the eczema.
- Provide feedback that will enhance the child's experience and not make them get discouraged. This will help increase self-esteem.
- Make sure exercise is part of the routine, so the child or teenager can release stress and build more endorphins, which are hormones that induce a feeling of good well-being and calmness.
- Encourage the child or teenager to discuss the areas where they would like to change or focus on. By doing this, he or she will feel some control over making a decision.
- Adopt a healthy talk system. When a child or teenager tries to say something bad about themselves, counteract the situation with some positive talk. This will encourage him or her to develop good self-talk habits.
- Laugh at yourself as part of the routine to gain self-confidence. When you can laugh and push through a difficult situation, the child will feel good about his or herself and want to continue this positive feeling.
Home - Confidence Boosters - Gaining Self Confidence